It's a Veteran thing.


“And when they have done their job, America must look after and honor its veterans.” ~ Adam Schiff


Happy 11/11/11!!  But more importantly - let's talk about Veteran's Day. A day that is near and dear to my heart. A day that reminds me of the sacrifices all our military men and women have made to keep us safe.

As the daughter of a Marine, the sister of a Marine, and of course the MOTHER of a Marine, granddaughter of an Army soldier and friend of many who have/will serve, I am not surprisingly emotional on Veteran's Day. Last year was a very tearful day for me because Billy was overseas for his marathon deployment. I woke this morning thinking that I would be so much better than before.

Then I walked into work and saw all the military memorabilia we have displayed for the students to see and found myself tearing up all over again.

I know I'm not the one that has endured all that rigorous training to serve our country. Nor am I the one that has had to be away from my family for long periods of time. And yet the pride I feel is over the moon. People I love and who love me have sacrificed for our country. (Besides, I can assure you that it is a sacrifice to have sleepless nights worrying about your child in Afghanistan! So that's reason to be proud, right?)

So - as a little tribute to my own sweet veterans...here are a few of my favorite pictures of them...  Enjoy!

Homecoming May 2011

Dillas Game -Memorial Day 2011




My handsome daddy...
My baby brother, Chad!

My handsome Grandpa Dink



Comments

Popular Posts