29 AGAIN!



"You say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too, yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you."
 ~ The Beatles

Not everyone gets to celebrate her birthday with pomp and circumstance......or with a giant chicken/rooster/cock.  I am a lucky girl indeed! (For those who are unfamiliar with this whole thing, you should read THIS.  BUT...IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED BY PROFANITY, DO NOT READ.)

My family surprised me with him this morning as I was getting beautified for work. I am seriously in love. His name, for the moment, is Eliza Cockadoodle. But that could change.
Isn't he awesome?


Gracey insisted I kiss him on the lips. I'll refrain from any inappropriate jokes here.
Isn't he so cute??
Ok...enough about that.

In other news, my birthday has always been special for another reason:  my dear friend Mindy and I share it! (There were two others we grew up with that shared our birthday as well....AND we all four attended the same church growing up. Strange, but true.) She loves to remind me that I'm 5 hours older. And we used to spend at least part of the day together - until she moved away and left me. LEFT ME ALONE FOR OUR BIRTHDAY ELEVEN YEARS AGO! *sniff*

You'd think that we'd be similar since we share a birthday. That we'd think alike or look alike or something. But nope. She's a tiny blond. I'm a big brunette. She's sweet and demure. I'm sassy and loud. She always makes the right choice the first time. I test every boundary at least twice.  God knew better than to make us too much alike. We might have hated each other - and that wouldn't have worked out so well in such a small town. Instead, we were thick as thieves. And we love each other to a fault. Don't know what I'd do without my Min.

Oddly, Randi's little sister shares our birthday too. And Randi is the one who wanted me to start a blog. Apparently she's more like me than Mindy though.....which could mean serious trouble for those around us if we ever meet.  Who knew December 12th was such a popular day to give birth?!?

So...that's all I've got. I'm getting old. It's hard maintaining 29 for so many years.....senility is just around the corner, I'm sure.  And...with that.....I bid you adieu! Have a great week!

PS. In honor of my newly acquired rooster, I have changed my blog background to a cock theme. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts