Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The No Good, Terrible Wednesday

This morning started off pretty bad. I admit it. I wasn't in the best mood when I left. Happy face aside - I was already cranky. Despite my new cute jacket and my messy bun complete with studious glasses, I was *over* it.

There's just nothing fun about getting ready with a 13-year-old. It doesn't matter how much you love that little darling. The experience is enough to make you want to crawl back in bed. Or piss you off to the point of no return. But I pasted on my smile..... I kept going....

Driving to work I found myself completely frustrated with the other drivers on the road. (Yes - more than usual. Stop it, Randi and Kerry....just stop it.) But it seems reasonable to expect other drives to pick a lane and STAY IN IT. Straddling two lanes as you leisurely try to decide which one drives nicer isn't a legal option. I know it isn't.

Add to that the 30 MPH wind and freezing weather that I battled to get in the door to work. I KNOW I put my hair in a messy bun this morning. But it was a calculated messy bun. It's messy by choice - not circumstance!! So I didn't need the wind to help me make it that much messier.

Then - before I even got settled into my office for the day - I walked back outside to help bring in some food from a coworker's car. I was more than happy to help. I'm not complaining about that. But my cute little do got uglier by the moment.

I answer the phone to listen to a friend lament about a crappy argument only to be interrupted with news that some best laid plans were blown. I hung up the phone without finishing my 'listening' session, got to the bottom of the plan not working, got into an argument, and decided I shouldn't have even climbed out of bed to start.

It was the last straw.

And I spent the morning in tears... At my desk... With the door closed...

About the time my head started pounding, my sweet husband sent me flowers. (Florist's wives don't usually worry about Valentine's Day flowers. So the day after is WAY better! haha)

 Then a friend sent a supportive text without even knowing that I needed it. (Ok - it was harassing me about going to the gym..thanks to my stupid FB status about going back to it today....)

I ate a hot dog for lunch. (I love hot dogs....they always make me happy.)

And now I'm wrapping up some random things that have been cluttering my mind. So I think things are finally looking up.

I just might live through this one - with or without any mascara or eyeliner left on my face.

See? Living the dream....just as you always suspected, huh?

Happy Hump Day. Let's put this #$(@# to bed and start over tomorrow. Ya wanna?


♥ Sarah ♥ said...

I ate a hot dog for lunch too! I'm sorry you had a bad day :o(

I have been in a generally cranky ass mood all day as well AND I don't even have to get out in the weather or my PJ's to go to work!

Hope the evening makes up for the day ♥

PS: Love the song ;)

Post a Comment