Here I Am!

It's a good thing that blogging isn't my full time job, isn't it?  Gosh..I can't believe it's been so long since I sat down to write. Time flies...

I can always tell when it's been a while because I have a harder time gathering my thoughts to write something cohesive. I guess I've been spending too much time with my nose in a book lately.

So, it's May. The end of another school year. And almost the anniversary of Billy coming back from his deployment. That whole "time flies" thing is true! How did I become the mother of a 25 year old, a freshman in high school and a 6th grader?? I swear I just turned 30!!

To recap a few things that you might be wondering about:

*My Pinterest addiction has not subsided, and I have not taken any steps to squelch it. In fact, now I've started actually USING the ideas I've found there. (My girls are thrilled. Kerry is watching in the wings and most likely praying he doesn't get sucked into it.)

*I definitely think that my guinea pigs are going to live forever. Why is it that all our friends' pigs have met their demise, but mine (even the "wild" one) seem to have 9 lives? I swear they will outlive us all. And have I mentioned that I'm the guinea pig whisperer? They SQUEAL the minute they hear the pitter patter of my feet every morning. Ugh.

*I still like the girl Billy likes. I'm sure that's a relief to both of them. haha (What? You know you were thinking it....)

And now to throw out a few new things:

*I'm on the hunt for good books to read. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

*Nature is stronger than you'd expect sometimes when it comes to family. I see it more and more as my cousin Sarah and I get closer. We have so many similarities that it's eery sometimes! (And you were thinking how blessed the world is to only have one of me.)

*BCG is the FUNNIEST show on tv right now. The writers of that show have the best one liners! I'm not sure it's an accurage depiction of life in Texas, but it certainly emphasizes some of our thought processes at our less-than-fine moments. (For you non-Texans, bless your hearts, you have to know that we do love our guns, our God and our oldest friends.)  Of course, you could put Annie Potts in ANYTHING and I'd love it.

Well - that's wraps it up for today. Nothing thought provoking or awe inspiring. But at least you know my brain hasn't turned to complete mush yet.... not even after reading 50 Shades of Grey..... *wink wink*


Comments

Popular Posts