Oh Shoot!

What has happened to us that something big and ugly happens (i.e. another Colorado shooting) and all of a sudden everyone else's behavior becomes an open subject for judgement? The killer can't just be held accountable for his own awful actions. Now EVERYONE is somehow sinister. EVERYONE is making a poor choice.

Grrr...

Today I heard about a post on Facebook where someone saw a little boy dressed as Batman. He was running down the sidewalk and saying "I'm going to shoot you! Pow Pow!" Now, before last week, I'd like to think the person posting the story probably wouldn't have thought twice. But TODAY, the poster has decided that it's a clear sign of bad parenting. That the child was somehow to blame for his "terrible behavior" and his parents are insensitive. The comments below the original post are just as ludicrous. Everyone bashing the mom for not teaching her young son better than that.

Wow. Really? So a little BOY was pretending to SHOOT something? Yep. That's clearly a case of oh-so-terrible parenting. How DARE that child pretend? If he was wearing a cowboy hat, would that have made it okay? Or how about a Superman cape? Last I checked, little boys start pretending to shoot guns about 30 seconds outside the womb. They also turn every stick they find into a sword. But I digress.... Back to the "terrible" mother...

Obviously, the god-awful woman didn't force her child to sit in front of the television and scour the news stations to learn all he could about the crazed killer in Colorado enough. Or worse... maybe she told her son all about it and encouraged him to dress up and act appalling and rude to every stranger he could. Blah. Whatever. When you start trying to pound on little kids for playing around, you must need a hobby.

*sigh* Ok...one more thing...

This whole gun control thing is just flat pissing me off. I am a Texan. And I like guns. But now others think they should get to jack around with my constitutional right? Because of the bad people out there making poor choices, it becomes MY fault for wanting to have a gun? Really????

Let me get this straight:

Somehow a maniac works the system to get UNBELIEVABLE amounts of ammunition and innumerable semi-automatic arms, and it's my problem. Is that what I'm to understand? My right to bear arms is in question? (yeah yeah....forefathers meant muskets...whatever....)

I am sure if I'd tried to buy all that stuff, the FBI would have shown up at my doorstep after the first UPS delivery. In NO WAY is this situation somehow an indication that we need stronger gun control. Killers will get their supplies with or without a change in laws.

What if someone with a concealed handgun had been in that theater and been able to STOP the shooter from killing all those people after the first shot fired? Would that person be a hero or a bad guy too? I wonder.

Ugh. I'm not trying to get political here. I'm just trying to add a voice of reason to an otherwise ridiculous stance. We need to blame the ones responsible for their actions, not make society as a whole responsible for those actions.

So if you see one of my kids doing something that is very "kid like" or you hear me talking about my guns, please just walk away. Talk about me on Facebook if you must. But frankly.....your best bet would be to find a hobby.

Comments

  1. I agree! Like "bad guys" follow laws anyways. People just want someone to blame to make them feel better. As for the "bad parenting", someone is searching pretty dang hard for something to bitch about...must be sad to have to tear down everyone around you so "your" world is a better place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts