Step One: Press Reset


I saw this on January 1st, and I fell in love. 

I know it's already January 3rd. And I'd love to say that I did something amazing and earth shattering on "pages" 1 or 2.  But I really didn't.. and here we are on page 3 with similar results as the previous two days.

I've spent a lot of time in pajamas cooking for my family and nursing Gracey after she had some teeth extractions. (Adolescent teeth straightening just isn't fun, is it?) Part of the time has been spent catching up with friends who I haven't talked to in a while. And hours have been spent washing, folding and putting away laundry. 

But I still feel really good about 2013. It's a chance for me to push the reset button. Let go of all the things that negatively affected me last year. Begin making new memories with those I love. Appreciate every moment of every day with Kerry - the man who loves me like no other would or could.

It's going to be a great year.

Oh I know. I'll get rankled about something. I'll complain and whine along the way. It won't be perfect.  And if it was perfect, how would I ever be able to top it in 2014? Right? 

For now, I am just going to live each day like it's one page in a the 2013 chapter of my life. And realize that tomorrow will be a new page.

I also have a Bible verse for the year. It was a friend's verse last year...and I think it served her well. So I've adopted it this year. Feel free to use it yourself. It's a good one! (Thank you, Karin Brown!)

"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the heavenly prize for which God has called me in Christ Jesus." ~ Phillipians 3:13-14

Happy New Year! Here's hoping your chapter has a lot of really exciting pages!

Comments

Popular Posts