Funday!

“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love and belonging, power, freedom, and fun.” ~ William Gasser

Just a fun hump day blog for ya! Nothing serious here.... just a few fun things to share with you!

Subscription Boxes

This was my December bag! Waiting on February!
I think I may be working on a potential addiction here. I subscribed to ipsy a few months ago because I love makeup, hate to shop and it was only $10 per month to try new and fun beauty products. I couldn't help myself. It just sounded FUN.  And..guess what?  It IS fun! I'm loving it!  Each month this awesome hot pink envelope arrives in my mailbox - and magically I have all kinds of new things to try!
(Shameless plug if you want to subscribe here:  http://www.ipsy.com/r/27d1)

This led me to look at OTHER subscription options and there are COUNTLESS possibilities! I bet I see at least 5 a week that really peek my interest. I have yet to subscribe to any of more - but I sure have been eyeballing them.  Below are a few that I think look neat! Let me know if you decide to subscribe.

www.whimseybox.com or www.baribox.com ~ These are crafting boxes! They look like fun!

www.tastetrunk.com  ~ One word: food

www.barkbox.com ~ I admit it. I love my animals, and I think this would be so much fun for them!!

www.glossybox.com or www.testtube.com ~ More beauty products. A girl can never have enough lip gloss or eyeliner. Even simple girls like me....

PBS Masterpiece Series

You know I love my Kindle. But I think I love my Kindle Fire even MORE than I already loved my regular Kindle. Now, in addition to being able to read all the time, I have discovered PBS Masterpiece series through my Amazon Prime membership.  Here are a few of my favorites:

Mr. Selfridge - This one is so good! A new season is around the corner, so I'm glad I got caught up on my Kindle before it actually airs on tv! It's about an American business man that goes to London to open a great big department store. It's based on a true story - and got me hooked the very first episode!

Inspector Lewis - If you ever watched Inspector Morse, you'll love this one! It's one of their mystery series - and the dry wit and literary/art humor, etc. makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Definitely a fun series to watch!

Sherlock - This one is probably already on many peoples' lists. Of course ANYTHING Sherlock Holmes-ish is simply amazing. But this one even intrigues my girls! You should check it out if you find you need something new to watch!

Latest Home Improvement "Wants"

Yep. I've been looking for more projects for Kerry! Check out these:
 
Isn't this an awesome idea? Old elevator doors in your house? I definitely need them!

 
Giant porch swing. Don't ask me where I'd put it. I don't know. But that's not the point... I WANT one.

This would be so awesome! I think it would look great on my future deck.... don't you?


So... there ya go. A little hump day fun! What fun things are keeping you smiling? Share with me!

Comments

Popular Posts