Move Over Ellen......Charee's Favorite Things.

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kitten......These are a few of my favorite things." ~ Sound of Music

I love watching Ellen's "Favorite Things." Along with the rest of America (minus the 50 lucky people in the audience), I drool over the idea of getting ALL THAT FREE STUFF. The gadgets and electronics - face creams and services - all seem so neat and probably things I don't want to live without. 

Then I realize I don't really NEED any of it. Sure, I'd love to go to the show and be a recipient. But, I know that isn't going to be happening any time soon. 

To that end, I have decided to offer my OWN "Favorite Things" list. And, trust me, you will likely be able to afford these on your own. Randi joined in the fun of making this list - so you can thank her too! 

Ready?
1. Roku Stick - $39 on Amazon - Click HERE to get yours.

Now, for those of you who aren't as technically savvy as the next guy, you are wondering what the heck this little piece of magic can do for you. Well.....it's amazing. It basically gives you a one-stop place to watch movies, tv shows, etc. through Amazon Prime, Netflix, Blockbuster, etc. It ALSO has virtually bazillions (yes, bazillions) of other channels that are free or subscription based. Life changer right here, folks. Because you can take that stick with you and us it on whatever TV you choose. I'm telling you that I only watch my standard DVRed shows. No more channel surfing on satellite tv because I just use my Roku to watch Netflix. Ah-mazing. Go get one.

2.  Vaseline Lip Therapy - purse sized!

I live in Texas - the DRY part of Texas. Needless to say, we all love our lotion and our lip balms because we often feel like the horny toads we catch in the summer heat! Thanks to Randi, we can all keep our lips feeling great! Vaseline has come up with a brilliant item! (Yes, I said vaseline. All you men please get the giggle out and keep reading.) AND you can get it in a cute little pink color if you don't want plain! It's $1.79 at Walgreens. WHY wouldn't you go get some?

Disclaimer: this is not my hand or my product. I "stole" it from Bing...and we all know I'd never paint my nails like that anyway.

3. Chiltons - with LIME
Ask anyone close to me, and he or she can tell you that I prefer limes to lemons. So it only makes sense that my favorite beverage had to be altered to make me happy. Chiltons are divine. Everyone should try them. I think it would make the world a better place! Here's the recipe. You know you want it.
1 1/2 oz vodka (or more)
juice of 1 lime 
fill with soda water (I use a rather large drinking glass - no sense in a high ball. Too much work to refill...)
Salt
Ice
Fill a salt rimmed cocktail glass with ice. Pour in vodka and add lime juice. Fill with soda. Insert straw and stir slightly. Garnish with a lime wedge.

4. Baby Skin Pore Eraser
This is one of Randi's new favorites. We are always on the hunt for inexpensive beauty products, because...well.....we are cheap! I haven't tried this one yet - so I can't speak to how great it is.

However, I trust Randi's judgement. If she says this stuff works, I'm sure it does! It's about $5-$7 at Target, Ulta, Walgreens or any other major retailer that sells Maybelline.

So run out and get you some! The smoother our skins looks the better - right?


5. Gif Keyboard App
This is FREE on the appstore. And it's so flipping fun... (Thanks to my friend Angie who got it from her friend Allison for getting me hooked.)  You know all those funny gifs that people make? Well this one creates a gif keyboard on your phone, so you can send them in texts!

Unfortunately, I'm not smart enough to figure out how to put a gif on HERE to show you. So....just go download it and thank me (and Angie..and Allison..) later!

Well, there ya go. My top 5 favorites right now. I have others (my new iphone 6 and a new veggie seasoning from World Market..and...and...), but with all the Christmas hubbub I think five is a good start!

What are some of YOUR favorites? Please comment and share. I'm always excited to try new things!

Comments

Popular Posts