Is That Your Final Answer?

"More tears are shed over answered prayers 
than unanswered ones.” ~ St. Teresa of Avila

In my quest for blog topics, this one was presented to me, and it just sounded like something I'd discuss:

"Prayers you were glad were NOT answered." (Thank you, Jay Milleson.)

Honestly I rarely ask God for anything directly related to me though. It's not some noble part of me. It's just not really the way I even think to pray. My list is almost always about those I love, and what they need.  Part of me almost feels selfish asking for something for myself when I know so many others need help, you know??

Anyway... in thinking of unanswered prayers, I realized that (for lack of even asking) I don't really have many! (Maybe I need to work on that....but you all need to realize I HATE being told no. Especially by The Big Guy...)

 This may be the most boring blog entry yet come to think of it!!

So....in no particular order - with explanations following each unanswered prayer.

"Dear Baby Jesus, will you please let me be a famous writer for People Magazine?"
     Explanation: Clearly I was a wide-eyed teen who thought the ultimate in journalism was to write for People Magazine. And clearly I was clueless.  Now I'd much rather write a book someday. Something fascinating that would sell millions of copies and pay for my retirement.

"God, I just know *insert name here* is the perfect guy for me. Let us fall in love and live happily ever after."
   Explanation:  God knew better than to yoke me with any of those "fill in the blank" guys I was messing around with in college. It's not to say they weren't nice guys. They just weren't the guys for me. I think I was so in love with the idea of love that I was a hopeless romantic.

"Dear Lord, You know I hate change. Please keep me safe and secure right here....with things exactly they way they are now."
  Explanation: Oh HOW many times have I expressed my satisfaction in my life to God? It seems like every time I become complacant and "happy"with my place in life, God shakes things up. And even though it freaks me the heck out...it always turns out for the better. I'd do well to learn to embrace change. (Yeah..right...)

Thank you, God for giving me only little girls. I'm the best girl mommy ever, and I'd never know what to do with a boy."
Explanation: Umm....I think we all know that I'm a FABULOUS boy mommy. Good thing God knew it too!

That's all I can think of right now. If I come up with any others, I'll be sure to come back and add them to the list!
Now your turn... what unanswered prayer are you thankful got the big "no"?

Comments

Popular Posts