Happy New Year!

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” 
~ Henry David Thoreau

Happy 2012! I can't believe another year is gone...

I guess you are expecting something profound about 2011. And really...all I can say is that it was very eventful. It seems like it flew by when I look at it in retrospect, but there were definitely months that seemed to never end!

 The first 5 months were consumed with Billy's deployment...then I spent the summer just rebuilding myself - and trying to stay cool in the 100+ degree weather every day! Then this fall/winter have just been a blur with all the girls' activities, etc.

2011 was good to me overall. Even with it's tough moments, it was definitely a year to be remembered. I made some incredible new friends...and I got to spend time with my Marine moms (and DAD, Pete...) in North Carolina! I was reminded that my 88ers are still some of my all time favorite people - and are there for me no matter what. (Brent...that wast just for you..silly boy.)  And I was reminded that my 'inner circle' is never too small to have a new addition here and there. (Sometimes those new additions become even more important that I'd have ever guessed too!)

So - here we are.  A new year. A fresh start.

I wonder what I'll do with this opportunity. Resolutions really aren't my style - so I won't be making some big list of things I want to change. But I do hope to make the most of 2012.

It's going to be a good one. I just know it.




Comments

Popular Posts