Love isn't Always Planned

"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity." 
~ Henry Van Dyke

I loved Tanner the minute I saw how much he loved Gracey so early in their dating.

I loved Tanner even more when I watched him comfort her and stand by us through thick and thin when Kerry died, even though he'd only known us a few months.

I loved Tanner a LOT more when I started noticing the little things he does that remind Gracey of her daddy, and when he just stepped into our lives to do all the little things we didn't normally do for ourselves. (He's our grill master... trash dumper...errand runner...all around great guy!)

But I loved Tanner the most when he asked Gracey to marry him on just a normal Thursday night because he just felt compelled to do it right then.

Gracey is the happiest I've ever seen her. She is more grounded, more confident, and more comfortable in her own skin than she ever would have been without Tanner. He just makes her a better version of herself.

She's my experiment child - the one I have used to learn how to parent - and the one who I have worried over the most. She has loved me hard - and hardly realized when she was the one I spent late nights on my knees praying for as she struggled to find her way.

She's one of my biggest cheerleaders who will tell anyone and everyone that her goal in life is to look like her mommy. But she's got her daddy's soft heart and carries ALL the feels. She'll unapologetically tell you that she knows she can be a handful, so she needed a man ready to sign up for her shenanigans. Tanner is that man.

Even when there are bumps in the road, Tanner provides the steady calmness my mouthy little firecracker of a child needs. He also has just enough spunk and silliness to make her laugh. And if you know me and my girls, you know the direct link to our hearts is through humor.

I've said from the beginning that Tanner's parents are amazing because they raised the kindest man. They did it right. He is so polite and quick to help. I am thankful that she fits well into their family too. It's really the perfect scenario for everyone.

They've dated for almost three years, but it was abundantly clear within months that their love was a forever one. I think it's like that sometimes. Not every love is slow growing. I'm not sure I really understood that for most of my life. I'd see couples that seemed to jump so quickly that it scared me for them. (I mean I was best friends with Kerry for years before we ever even kissed!) But as the kids these days say, "when you know you know". And I'm pretty sure they knew. So did I. 

Before you wonder, it'll be a lengthy engagement, so we all have time to get ourselves emotionally ready for this. But I can't wait. She's not ready to even thing about a wedding, and the rest of us are scouring Pinterest for ideas. 

But most of all, I'm just going to sit back and be thankful that my little princess found her prince - one who loves her right where she is and would move Heaven and earth to make sure she's happy. 

So, here's to Gracey and Tanner. I love you both. And I can't wait to see all the things you do! I wish you happiness and love!!

Here's a song for ya!




Comments

  1. She is an amazing person. Sweet and amazingly determined. She “kerry’s” her heart on her sleeve. Her smiles give you hope for a better day. Couldn’t have raised an outstanding lady. Congrats you gaining a son and congrats to lil cherry pie getting hitched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  3. πŸ’•πŸ™πŸ»πŸ’•πŸ™πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me SO happy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts